Mon, Nov 20, 2023
The Science for Africa Foundation, in partnership with the Pandemic Sciences Institute at the University of Oxford and the Mastercard Foundation, is releasing a call to establish networks of research excellence in epidemic and pandemic sciences across Africa. Funds are offered for up to six years for or the Epidemic Science Leadership and Innovation Networks (EPSILONs), which aim to nurture and promote world-class epidemic and pandemic sciences research and innovation in Africa.
The networks will nurture and promote world-class epidemic and pandemic sciences research and innovation in Africa, building a critical mass of experts across the continent to address ongoing health challenges whilst strengthening capabilities to respond to future infectious diseases health threats.
Activities will contribute to developing communities of practice across academia and industry that may be leveraged for long-term collaboration and during future outbreaks to respond to urgent research and policy needs.
Preliminary applications are welcomed from visionary consortia, led by outstanding African scientists, to build their own programmes of research. Interdisciplinary applications are encouraged. Applications should be broadly focussed on one of the following thematic research areas:
• Vaccinology or early-stage vaccine R&D
• Virology, with a focus on how genetic changes affect key viral behaviours
• Clinical research and clinical trials on epidemic- and pandemic-prone infections
• Epidemic and pandemic public health policy research
• Climate change, biodiversity and epidemic and pandemic prevention
• Advanced data assembly and analytics for infectious disease threat assessment and mitigation
• Social and behavioural sciences
Sign up here to attend a call webinar on 6 December 2023.
Read more and apply online until 31 January 2024.
Tue, Feb 13, 2024
Mon, Feb 5, 2024
Mon, Feb 5, 2024