1. Characterise the microbiota of the respiratory niche of HIV positive children and healthy controls children
2. Correlate specific microbiota with the respiratory disease and other laboratory markers in HIV infected children.
3. Determine the risk factors associated with exposure to specific microbiota.
Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital, Kumasi
Outcomes of the study includes:
1) Knowing the aetiological agents of pneumonia in HIV infected children
2) Knowing the risk factors of respiratory disease in HIV infected children