|Drug Resistant Tuberculosis patients
1) What is the incidence of QTC prolongation among patients receiving drug resistant tuberculosis treatment in Uganda.
2) What are the predictors of QTC prolongation among patients receiving drug resistant tuberculosis treatment in Uganda.
Sixteen hospitals managing Drug Resistant Tuberculosis
Retrospective cohort study
Drug resistant Tuberculosis patients
• The findings will be used by national TB program to plan the ECG requirements in the DR-TB health facilities in the country.
• The findings will be used as beach mark for timely ECG monitoring.
• Patients will be educated about their perception of risks associated with medicines, to look out for symptoms of cardiac toxicity such that they can be timely reported. This will enhance the clinical care of patients thereby leading to an improved their perception of risks associated with medicines.